Thesis in 3
If you are a student participant at the conference, you are encouraged to participate in the Thesis-in-Three activity. As part of this activity, you have to present an overview of your thesis in a short amount of time.
The total time per presentation is 8 minutes, with 3 minutes for the presentation followed by 5 minutes of questions. This presentation is to follow the thesis-in-3 format (www.thesisin3.com). Speakers may present any number of content slides (it is recommended you use 3 slides) in 3 minutes to communicate their work.
Specific tips include:
- Identify the core parts of your thesis/aspect of your research that you want to discuss. Don’t try and cram everything in.
- Keep it high level. Don’t go into too much detail – use informative and engaging graphics and try to use as little text as possible.
- Practice. Practice. Practice. It’s the only way to get the timing right! Bottom line: Keep it clear, concise, and coherent.
Complete the following steps before July 20th, 2021:
- Log in to the conference management system (Link)
- Select Your Submissions > Submit Contribution > Thesis in Three
- Submit a short abstract (up to 500 words) of your thesis.
An academic panel will judge the presentations. The best and second-best performances will receive a certificate and a cash prize in the form of a voucher.
If you have any questions, please contact the program chair.