The 2024 European Conference on Computing in Construction (2024 EC³) is the premier European Conference for information, communication and technological research, innovation and policy for the Construction Sector as a whole in Europe. It is the biennial meeting organised by the European Council for Computing in Construction, with the purpose of bringing together researchers, practitioners and construction industry professionals from around Europe to meet and share information about the latest developments in all aspects related to computing in construction. The EC³ conference aspires to establish an active dialogue on the challenges in the field of Computing in Construction and provide a forum to present the latest advances in research and professional practice in this domain.
- Presentations and posters on the latest research and advanced practice
- Best papers as keynote speeches
- Best papers in special issues of international journals
- Best paper awards
- Online proceedings
- Open access to accepted papers
- Each paper has a separate DOI number
- Video proceedings
We hope to encourage broad and diverse participation in EC³ 2024, but quality assurance is of utmost importance. Departing from the accepted review processes in related communities, EC³ 2024 adopts an organisational and technical structure from Computer Science conference series highly regarded for their technical quality. Key features include:
- Area Chairs in major thematic topics to manage relevant submissions.
- Optional abstracts reviewed only for scope; peer review process focused on delivering substantive double-blind reviews for full papers.
- Ranking of accepted papers to select the best papers and guide the format of presentations.
- Plenary sessions with keynote lectures delivered by the authors of the highest ranked papers.
- Extended Abstracts submitted along with camera-ready papers and included in the 2024 EC³ programme.
- 100% paperless. Digital programme and proceedings.
- Video Proceedings on Youtube linked to digital Proceedings.
- A fast track for the best papers to special issues in leading Construction and Computing journals.
Our objective is to increase the scientific rigour of the reviewing process and reward authors of highly-ranked papers. The emphasis placed on quality control will ensure that presentation sessions are engaging and value-adding and that attendees get the most out of the time they invest in 2024 EC³.