The European Council on Computing in Construction (EC3) is a recently established society of construction professionals, academics, researchers and national Professional Bodies, aspiring to become the leading European forum in the area of information technology in construction engineering and management.
Mission Statement and the Objectives
- is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to advance professional knowledge and improve engineering practice by fostering research, education, and policy development support in current and emerging computing and information technologies;
- focuses on various areas in computing and information technologies in the built environment, such as data sensing and analysis, modelling and standards, education, and human data interaction;
- has members both from academia and the industry;
- interacts and collaborates strongly with other Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Facility Management (AEC/FM) scientific and professional communities active in related areas.
The EC3 objectives are:
- strengthen the collaborations between academia and industry in topics related to EC3’s mission;
- spearhead research and technical development in the field of Computing in Construction;
- identify and promote effective ways to advance the state of knowledge, education, and state of practice in these topics;
- assist in making policy, and support existing and new speciality conferences and publications.
The objectives of EC³ are achieved by:
- The organisation of the annual European Conference on Computing in Construction;
- The organisation of the annual European Conference on Computing in Construction Summer School;
- Organising and supporting EC³ committees on topics related to EC3’s mission;
- Communicating and disseminating broadly its activities, including the maintenance of a website about EC³, its structure and activities;
- Publish high-quality academic papers from the EC3 conference and white papers from its committees;
- Acknowledge and award contributions in research, teaching and service in Computing in Construction.